Anyone with curly hair knows that it can take a lot of products to keep them looking their best. That’s fine when time is on your side, but when time is of the essence swift styling tips are in order.
Fortunately, with just a few key items from Aveda, Monica says you can keep frizz at bay and prep your locks for a cute look that’ll last for days.
Here’s how to copy Monica’s gorgeous curls and bobby-pin headband look:
In the evening…
1. Wash up. “I use Be Curly™ Co-Wash as my cleanser and conditioner,” Monica says. It contains certified organic babassu oil, which helps to restore moisture. Monica suggests dividing your hair into several sections so that you can fully work the product through each one. After all the sections have been cleansed, rinse again with warm water.
2. Get ready. To lay the groundwork for a frizz-free curl pattern, Monica applies Be Curly™ Style-Prep™ followed by Be Curly™ Curl Enhancer to her damp hair. “This helps combat frizz,” she says.
3. Do it up. After combing the mixture of styling products through her strands, Monica divides them into sections (the more sections, the tighter the curl), which she braids and twists into buns. “Remember, wherever you part your hair is where it’s going to set,” says Monica.
4. Sleep tight. “I secure the edges of my hair with a scarf overnight, so I don’t need to use gel to keep the area flat,” says Monica.
In the morning...
1. The big reveal. Undo the buns and scarf to expose your still-damp strands. Then use a diffuser or air-dry your hair.
2. Get glossy. For added shine and polish, Monica distributes Brilliant™ Emollient Finishing Gloss through her hair and fluffs it up with a wide-tooth comb.
3. Put a pin (or several) in it. To create a faux headband, Monica slips several bobby pins into either side of her part right by her hairline. This has the dual effect of taming hairline frizz and adding a fun twist to curls.
Monica says that this look can be stretched for days. Simply re-wet it at night, re-braid, and re-wrap it to wake up to great curls again in the morning.
DO YOU LOVE THESE SPRINGY CURLS?
YOUR CURLY MUST HAVES